We all know that feeling of wanting to wear a brand-new pair of sneakers outdoors but then not wanting to ruin them as soon as you step foot out of the door. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there!
That’s why at Kick Supplier, we are going to be giving you a brief and simple guide on how to clean your sneakers gently but effectively.
So, first things first, here’s a list of things you will need:
- A mild dish soap and lukewarm water solution
- Baking soda
- Magic eraser (optional but great for scuff marks)
- White vinegar
- Shoe brush
- Small head brush i.e., toothbrush
- Soft lint-free cloth
- Suede brush (optional depending on the shoe materials)
We understand that it can be tough to keep your sneakers in pristine condition with the weather conditions from rain to snow you’ll always be at risk of dirtying your shoes but with this guide, you can be sure that you will have sparkly clean shoes in no time. So, let’s get started…
- Use a dry but textured brush or cloth to loosen any dirt from the outside of the sneakers. If you don’t have a proper shoe brush, a spare unused toothbrush will do the job just as good!
- Make your mild cleaning solution. This is a gentle cleanser combining a tiny amount of dish soap (or laundry detergent) and lukewarm water. If your shoes are white or a really pale colour, then it might be best to create a cleaning paste using equal parts of water and baking soda.
- Wash laces- you can either handwash them or put them in the washing machine on a light cycle. Dirt from rainwater and the outdoors can sit in the material of the laces so giving them a good clean will have them spotless again.
- Clean the shoe, applying the mild cleaning solution with a soft scrubbing brush will lift the dirt that has embedded itself into the material, but bear in mind to be gentle as you can risk damaging the shoe.
- Don’t forget the soles! The dirtiest part of a shoe is the soles. The best way to effectively clean soles is to apply the cleaning solution you made to a soft-bristled brush and gently scrub making sure you cover all areas and get in the grooves of the design. With most shoes, you can remove the insoles to wash them, if not, a bit of fabric freshener will do the trick!
- Blot dry and hang somewhere to dry!
And you’re done! This is a quick and easy way to get your sneakers clean and gleaming.
For more news about sneakers, Air Jordans, and more, visit our website.